Taking your exam: Important things to remember
With your heads firmly in revision mode, you might have blocked out the fact there will be an exam at the end of it.
So, whether your incoming exam is your first since being at Heriot-Watt, your first in the UK or you just need a little reminder of how it all works, we've got some tips...
- Check your timetable in good time. This gives you chance to check where your exam is if you're unsure. Exams can be all over campus so double check if you've not been to that building before.
- Get to your exam in good time too. Just because it starts at 11 doesn't mean you get there at 11! Get there 15 minutes prior to the published time and make sure you have your seat number ready.
- Bag it or bin it. Any notes must be left in your bag or put into a bin before entering the exam room. That goes for food too!
- Always have the correct equipment. It's handy to take a spare pen or two (just in case) and if you need to use a calculator, you will need to bring your own, we will not supply one for you.
- You MUST remember your Heriot-Watt Uni ID for all exams. If you do not have it, you have to bring alternative photo ID with you.
And probably the most obvious, no mobile/smartphones allowed! Double check these have been switched off and placed in your bag or face down under your desk.
If you do have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask somebody.
- Read Next
- What should you pack for uni? My international student experience How to have the ULTIMATE Scottish summer Time to get vaccinated! QUIZ: What type of flatmate will you be? Moving into halls this September? Meet your new flatmates! Hacks that could save you some serious cash at uni Your first fortnight at uni bucketlist! All your summer festival essentials! Handy hacks to help you survive Freshers' Week
- Moving into halls this September? Meet your new flatmates! Freshers' Week: Expectations vs. Reality Meals to master BEFORE heading to uni Get Sporty at the Oriam What it's (realistically) like living in halls