What do I do if I get locked out?
It happens to the best of us! Forgetting to take your key as you leave has been done hundreds of times so if it does happen, don't panic.
Here's what you can do...
If you have your student ID card on you and it is before 8pm (Mon - Fri) or 5pm (Sat - Sun), you can:
- Go to the Main Reception and they will issue you with a temporary key or card
If you don't have you have your student ID card and it is between 8am and 11pm, you can contact the Residence Life team by:
- Contacting the Safeguarding Services on 0131-4513500 or pick up the red phone or press the enquiry button on your Safezone App.
- Visiting the Residence Life Hub in Christina Miller West.
If you are locked out between 11pm and 8am, please contact Safeguarding Services by calling 0131 451 3500 or pick up a red phone or press the Enquiry button on your Safezone app.
If you're at Jean Muir...
You can contact SafeGuarding Services 24/7 on 2046 or visit the control room and a member of the SafeGuarding team will help you out
What if my key is stolen or lost?
You must report this to the Police and to SafeGuarding Services by calling 3500 or go to the Main Reception. For Scottish Border students, call SafeGuarding Services on 2064.
- Read Next
- Dark nights: stay safe Download the SafeZone App Edinburgh Campus to Scottish Borders: Bus timetable Fed up of Fire Alarm Evacuations?! Judie's Top 5 Places to Eat in Edinburgh Wellbeing Activities Semester 2 Judie's Blog: Once Watt, Never Not Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus What is Residence Life? Jean Muir Student Village: Got a parcel?
- Feeling Unwell? Everything you need to know about Mumps Simple steps to help in the prevention of coronavirus (COVID-19) Your responsibilities vs. your landlords Pancakes for every mood Get Fit: Running Routes on Campus