Missed the RA recruitment deadline? You should read this!
Add this event to your calendar
Would you like to be a Residential Advisor?
We have some good news for you ... applications are still open and we have extended the deadline to Thursday 30th June at 23:59pm!
We are looking for applicants with excellent communication, customer service and team working skills to join our Residential Advisor team in September 2019. Second and third year students, as well as postgraduate students are eligible to apply and you must have experience of living in student accommodation (this can be private or University owned). In order to fulfil the role, you must will be required to live in university owned, leased or nominated accommodation for the entire academic year 2019/20.
Benefits and payment
- Stand out to graduate employers and gain skills transferable to any graduate role.
- Guaranteed 200 hours of weekly paid work (majority of hours in terms one and two).
- Make professional connections and lasting friendships.
- Extensive training throughout the year.
Alumni have given feedback that the RA role has helped them to secure careers in….
- Student accommodation management
- Human Resources
- Graduate management schemes with companies such as Halfords and BT
- Marketing positions
We are currently recruiting for positions at:
- Daisy Bank
- Liberty Central
- New Medlock
- Wilmott Student Living
- Wilmslow Park
The Residential Life team will offer successful candidates the RA role and a room in a specific hall based on team strengths so please only apply if you are happy to live in the above accommodation sites. We cannot guarantee that you will be offered a room in your preferred hall.
Please do not apply if you have signed a housing contract for 19/20, which is not for university owned, leased or nominated accommodation (https://www2.mmu.ac.uk/accommodation/Manchester/).
How to apply
We have extended the deadline for application for the academic year 2019/20. Please download and complete the application form and upload this to the Jobs4Students portal here no later than 23:59pm on Thursday 30th June 2019.
To find out more about the Residential Advisor role, you can read the full Job Specification and Role Specification or contact the Residential Life team ResLife@mmu.ac.uk.
(Please note: we are unable to consider applications from candidates who have previously been unsuccessful in applying to be a Residential Advisor for the academic year 19/20.)
- Read Next
- How to resolve any problems with Flatmates A look back at events this term Top tips for RA assessment day
- Spotlight on... Manchester Met Halls Things that happen when you go home for summer... 10 fun things to do in Manchester Things only your BEST friends can get away with How to make your second year house safe