MOVING OUT? GIVE IT, DON’T BIN IT!
MOVING OUT? Donate your unwanted items to charity!
Give it, don’t bin it is a city-wide campaign which encourages you to donate your clothes, books, electricals and unopened, non-perishable food to charity to help those in need.
When you move out of your accommodation, simply drop your unwanted items at a local donation bank and recycle your waste.
YOU MAKE GOOD THINGS HAPPEN
Last year students donated an amazing 124 tonnes of items to the British Heart Foundation (BHF), which raised a massive £230,723 to help support lifesaving research and treatments. Students also donated the equivalent of 1360 meals, which helped local people experiencing food poverty.
WHAT CAN I DONATE?
TO THE RED BRITISH HEART FOUNDATION DONATION POINTS AROUND CAMPUS, FALLOWFIELD & THE CITY CENTRE:
Clothing, paired shoes, books, CDs & DVDs, clean pots, pans and crockery and small working electrical goods (toasters, hairdryers, radios etc).
TO THE FOODBANK DONATION POINTS IN MMU STUDENT LIVING RECEPTIONS & MANCHESTER STUDENT HOMES OFFICE, FALLOWFIELD:
Unopened, non-perishable food items such as long-life milk, pasta, rice, soup, beans.
Unfortunately, your duvets cannot be recycled so please take them home with you, or give them to a friend to re-use. Please do not put them in the British Heart Foundation donation points.
WHERE ARE MY NEAREST DONATION POINTS?
Donation points are located in Manchester Met Student Living receptions and in Manchester Student Homes, Fallowfield.
BRITISH HEART FOUNDATION DONATIONS
Manchester Campus- All Saints
- The Union reception
- Geoffrey Manton reception
- Benzie reception
- Business School reception
- John Dalton reception
- All Saints reception
- All Saints Student Living: external donation point opposite Cavendish entrance, 2 external donation points by Cambridge reception.
Manchester Campus- Birley
- Brooks Building reception
- Birley Student Living: all laundry rooms, Vine reception, 2 larger donation points outside Warde townhouses and 1 by the bus stop.
- Give It Don't Bin Pop up stands with the chance to win voucher click here for the dates.
- Cheshire Student Union reception
- Booth Student Living reception & outside on the avenue
Fallowfield, Withington, Rusholme & the City Centre
There are loads of donation points across Manchester. Visit www.giveitdontbinit.co.uk to find your closest donation point.
REMEMBER TO RECYCLE!
Did you know that by recycling 1 glass bottle, you will have saved enough energy to power a computer for 25 minutes?!
Do your bit and remember to recycle as much of your rubbish as possible before you move out.
- Read Next
- Give It, Don't Bin It! Got any spare change? Recycle Right! All Saints Student Living - social event calendar A day in the life of a CSA. Give It Don't Bin It pop ups Arts Festival 2018 – get involved! International Society Weekly Social Moving out of halls? Are you ready? Leaving halls? Make sure you avoid any charges... Our Commitment Statement How to cure a hangover (theoretically) :)
- What to bring to uni Moving out of halls? Are you ready? 7 everyday habits of happy people Arts Festival 2018 – get involved! Leaving halls? Make sure you avoid any charges...