My top places to eat and drink in Manchester
Manchester has a vibrant food and drink culture. Thriving with restaurants and bars to suit all of your student budgets.
From fine dining experiences to quirky coffee shops and cheap, cocktail bars. Get yourself down to some of the places below to experience local produce or just to enjoy a different atmosphere.
- The Alchemist, Hardman Street, Spinningfields. This is known for its dark arts of molecular mixology using alcohol to create the most unusual unique cocktails. Be brave and try the smokey old fashioned cocktail to enjoy the unusual blend of alcohol.
- Wagamamas, The Printworks, 1 Corporation St.
The Japanese noodle bar with Asian inspired cuisine. If you fancy a new dining experience, check it out. Give their most famous Katsu Curry dish a go and see what everyone is raving about.
- Northern Soul Grilled Cheese, 10 Church Street, Manchester M4 1PN.
Love cheese? This is where you want to be! A vibrant hut full of all cheesy goodness. Enjoy the famous toasties as a pit stop from your studies.
- Tattu, 4 Hardman Square, Gartside Street, Manchester.
A fine dining, contemporary Chinese Restaurant fusing traditional flavours and stunning presentation. Located on the ground floor is a bar with a dark wood theme, selling beautiful unique cocktails inspired by Asian spices.
- Font , 7-9 New Wakefield St, Manchester.
A relaxed, trendy bar serving craft beers, cocktails and gourmet burgers. With cocktails priced as low as £2 you can't get any better value for money.
- Black milk , 88 Oldham St, Manchester.
Treat yourself! With indulgent freak shakes and unusual cereal dessert treats, try the cookie dough freak shake or the Triple Oreo Cheese shake.
- Go Falafel, 3 Newton Street, Manchester.
Perfect for a light lunch, try a Falafel wrap with delicious fresh salad, hummus and potatoes. Reasonably priced and generously portioned.