So, you like sport?
Did you know there are loads of opportunities and activites on around Campus to get involved in?
If you came to uni having left a sports team behind, or feel that the new change of scenery is the perfect time to start a new hobby or meet new people, then Manchester Met is the perfect place for you to be active!
Our good friends in Sport offer so many activities; here is a round of up a few of them...
- Free sport activities. No booking, no fee, no special kit needed - what's going on?! Yes, Sport have a range of activities throughout the week; from Express Yoga, to Box Fit and from Volleyball to Zumba. Just turn up with your Student ID. Check out the full timetable here.
- Join a Club. There are 39 sports clubs in Manchester and 24 in Crewe to join and the variety on offer spans the alphabet! There are varied membership fees, but you can always attend a taster session before signing up! Check out the list of options via this link.
- Get a gym pass. Students at Manchester Met can get discounted membership at a number of gyms local to campus. In Manchester, these are Platt Lane Sports Complex, Sugden Sports Centre and the Manchester Aquatics Centre. In Crewe, discount can be gained at the Cheshire Sports Centre. Save some money here.
- Active Lifestyles. Not all sport has to involve padding, gum shields and sweat bands! MMU Sport want to promote healthy lifestyles, so offer a range of options for those who want to maintain their overall health. Look out for yoga, meditation and zumba around campus. They also offer fitness camps like MMUFit and HealthyU. Click here to transform to a healthier you.
- Read Next
- Couch to 5K So you like... gaming and electronics Men’s Only Bootcamp How to resolve any problems with Flatmates Sport at Cheshire Campus So you like... the great outdoors So you like... music Daisy Bank Halls: From a Daisy Bank Veteran Struggling with Social Anxiety?
- What's on this week: 15th October - 21st October 2018 Free sport and fitness for all students How to have the best group presentation Things to do for FREE in Manchester Hidden Gems 2018 and volunteering opportunities