What should I pack for uni?
Not sure what to pack?
We love making lists as much as the next person (maybe even more if you consider the amount of post-it lists littering my desk. There's a lot. Like a whole trees worth) so we have obviously made you a little list of what we think you'll need when you come to live with us. And we've even published it! So you don't have to go foraging around my desk or try and read my handwriting. Win.
For your room...
- Bedding that fits your size of bed (duvet/blankets, pillow, sheets & pillowcases)
- Towels of all shapes and sizes
- Toiletries (including toilet roll)
- Clothes hangers
- Alarm Clock (if you're feeling fancy, I'm not sure I know of anyone who doesn't just use their phone these days. But go on impress me)
- Laptop/Computer/Games console and books, if you wanna be retro.
- Chargers for all your electronics
- Pins for notice board
- Extension cable
- Things to make the place feel like home. Photos of the family and friends, that teddy bear your sleep with every night and hide at the bottom of the wardrobe every morning, cushions and blankets maybe.
- The usual plates, bowls, cups and glasses.
- Cutlery Pots/pans (You'll need Induction pans if you're staying in Cavendish, Oxford Court, Briarfields or Needham Court)
- Baking tray
- Chopping board
- Cleaning products (including washing up liquid, dish clothes, washing powder, bin bags)
- Tea towels
- Colander/sieve (because Pasta. The most wonderful of the carbs. Except maybe bread. You'll eat a lot of that too. And potatoes! How could I forget potatoes! So, in summary, all the carbs are great)
- Tin foil
Coming from outside the UK?
Don't forget your passport, any important documents, plug adaptors and warm, waterproof clothing- you'll need it!
Wondering what's already included in your room? Don't worry, we've obviously written a list for that too...
- Read Next
- Making it on your own: Laundry 7 stages of moving into Birley 5 things to do when you have settled in 10 best things about being a Student Ambassador How We Can Help At Birley Student Living Reception What it's (realistically) like living in halls What's already provided in Birley flats?
- What Not To Do... 7 stages of moving into Birley 5 things to do when you have settled in What it's (realistically) like living in halls Daisy Bank Halls: From a Daisy Bank Veteran