You know you're a student when...
Some say our uni days are the best days of our lives, moments we will cherish forever. It's where most of us will make friends, prepare for our future, learn how to "adult" (or whatever that is) and most of all have fun!
However, it's not always fun and games, here are 10 relatable things we all do as students.
1. You give up on life at least 10 times a day.
No one prepared me for this, it's havoc everywhere. I want a one way ticket back to primary school please.
2. You skip lectures to catch up on lectures.
Ever missed lectures because you're running behind with the previous ones? But now you're running behind even more because you were too busy catching up with the ones you've missed? SAME. Ugh. I need a nap.
3. "I'm broke".
Your financial status stays consistent, at being broke. No matter what event it is, count me out, unless it's free. DID SOMEONE SAY FREE FOOD?
4. Sleep is a luxury for you.
Sleep is for the prestige. When you have assignments, exams, revisions and work to juggle all at once, all nighters are a new way of life.
5. You're in a never ending state of exhaustion.
I'm tired. I need a nap. I need my bed. I need help. Are all phrases we've used at least 5 times a day or even every hour. NO? Just me?
6. You become a MasterChef.
Pasta, noodles, cereal, rice, bread and milk are all you need to make anything and everything. There's no room for more groceries because your freezer is full of ice cream.
I've never appreciated home cooked food this much, it now has a special place in my heart.
7. When you replace water with coffee.
Staying hydrated doesn't work. The rule is more coffee = staying alive. And trying to stay alive is MAIN the goal.
8. You don't have anytime but all the time for NETFLIX.
Netflix in bed, Netflix in lectures, Netflix in the library.. everyday is a Netflix and chill vibe.
9. "If I hear one more fire alarm, I'm commuting".
Fire alarms aren't a joke. Nothing is as annoying as waking up to a fire alarm the one time you happen to fall asleep. My phone alarm is enough of a nuisance people. THANKS.
10. Most importantly, you're having the time of your life.
Despite all the stress surrounding you and amongst the big scary thoughts of "the future", you're here for the ride, so buckle up and make it count.
- Read Next
- 5 top secret study spots Dear, Coffee Lovers... Looking back on my final year Tips from a 2nd year Drink ReThink. What's it all about? Cheap Student Recipes
- Missed the RA recruitment deadline? You should read this! Top tips for RA assessment day Daisy Bank Halls: From a Daisy Bank Veteran Top Tips: preparing for second year How I funded my summer...