Your first task when you arrive at uni is unpacking...
And if you don't have everything you need, it's only going to make life much more difficult.
Here's a list of everything you need:
- Duvet, duvet covers
- Pillows, pillowcases
- Bed sheets, mattress cover
- Bring spares!
- Comfortable clothing for lectures or just lounging around, e.g. the three J’s: jumpers, jeans, joggers.
- A selection of clothes suitable for different weather conditions
- Fancier outfits that you may wear out for an event
- Pyjamas/dressing gown
- Wash bag, especially if you’re sharing a bathroom
- Soap/shower gel
- Face wash and moisturiser
- Razors/shaving foam
- Bedroom lamp
- Phone and phone charger
- Laptop and laptop charger
- Washing up liquid
- Rubber gloves
- Food (bring some essentials for the first few days)
- Towels (hand and body)
- Toilet roll/toilet brush
- Toilet bleach/antibacterial spray
- Laundry basket
Now that you've got a list of things you need to buy to make your new flat a functional home, it's time to get packing...